Darul Fiqh endeavours to present insight into the Islamic sciences ranging from Arabic grammar to Islamic economics. Our ambition is to enhance and deepen the understanding of the Islamic sciences hopefully complementing the relationship with Allah Ta’ala.
Mufti Faraz Adam al-Mahmudi
- Mufti Faraz Adam was born in the United Kingdom and raised in Leicester. After completing college, he enrolled at the prestigious Darul Uloom Leicester in the quest to study the sacred Islamic disciplines.
- After six rigorous and intensive years studying Aqidah, Tafsir, Hadith, Fiqh, Usul, Arabic grammar, syntax, morphology and rhetoric, he qualified with distinction and was granted Ijazah in the above disciplines.
- He further studied in South Africa at Darul Iftaa Mahmudiyyah, where he completed his Mufti course under the auspicious tutelage of Mufti Ebrahim Desai, Mufti Husain Kadodia & Advocate Mufti Emran Vawda. Upon qualifying from the Darul Iftaa as a Mufti (juriconsult), he was accredited with: Masters of Arts in Islamic Theology with specialisation in Juristic verdicts (Iftaa) Master Diploma specialisation in Islamic Finance under Shaykh Mufti Ebrahim Desai.
- Mufti Faraz has a Masters Degree in Islamic Finance, Banking and Management from Newman University.
- Ethica CIFE™ Graduate
- He founded www.darulfiqh.com in 2011- a fatwa portal serving humanity worldwide and specialising in Islamic Finance advisory & consultancy services.
- He served as an Imam in Dublin, Ireland for one year where he established the first Darul Iftaa in Ireland – a specialist centre in Fiqh and jurisprudence.
- He served as a lecturer of the Islamic sciences at Darul Uloom Leicester for a couple of years.
- He is the director of the Darul Iftaa Leicester
- He currently serves full-time with the National Zakat Foundation in the Services for Zakat Payers where he is engaged in product development & service provision for Zakat Payers.
- Mufti Faraz Adam also is a member of the Zakat Policy Panel at National Zakat Foundation.
- He is an Ethica CIFE™ Graduate and serves as a Shariah Advisor with Ethica.
- He also serves as a Shariah Advisor at Simplyethical.
- Mufti Faraz Adam delivers lectures and workshops across UK on different aspects of Islam & specialises in delivering Islamic Finance training.
- Mufti Faraz is the director of Amanah Finance Consultancy Ltd – An Islamic finance advisory firm offering Islamic finance advice to corporates and organisations.
Disclaimer: Please note, Darul Fiqh is not a Islamic Shari’ah Law Court; hence, the opinions provided by us are not intended to be a ruling as one would expect to receive from a Shari’ah Court. The aim is to provide a better understanding of issues from an Islamic perspective. We also take no responsibility if our answers are used out of their intended context, nor of any party who may or may not act upon them. Darul Fiqh is therefore exempted from loss or damage howsoever caused.