Can you please tell me some actions I can do daily which do not take time and are easy to practice upon?
In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.
As-salāmu ‘alaykum wa-rahmatullāhi wa-barakātuh.
The benefits of good deeds are innumerable. Each action has rippling effects in this world and the hereafter. Each action is currency for us in the Hereafter. The more good deeds a person does, the more he will have at his disposal in the hereafter. The more money a person has in this world, the more he can purchase of this fleeting world. Likewise, the more good deeds a person has in stock, the more he can purchase of the everlasting and ever-entertaining bounties of Paradise.
Value each and every action. Before commencing any action, focus your mind on the reward Allah has promised. Have full belief of the reward stated authentically from the Prophet salallahu alaihi wasallam. Be conscious whilst doing the action of what you are receiving in lieu of the deed you are performing. After the action, be pleased and thank Allah for the profitable investment you are making in the Hereafter.
The following actions are a ‘starter pack’ for one and all. These are the minimum we should be doing daily to get us close to Allah Ta’āla:
1) One must perform 5 times salāh. Men should perform in the masjid.
2) Remember Allah Azza wa Jalla exclusively in seclusion morning and evening by reciting the following a 100 times:
- Subhān Allah, Alhamdulillah, Lā ilāha illāh, Allahu Akbar, wa lā howla wa lā quwwata ilā billah
Read the above in seclusion after the fajr prayer and after the asr prayer.
- Salallahu alaihi wasllam (salawāt/durūd) on the Prophet salallahu alaihi wasallam.
Read salawāt constantly whilst going to work or college remembering the Messenger of Allah.
Recite this when returning from work. Humbly beseech Allah’s forgiveness for all the shortcomings we have.
3) Recite 3 sides of the Qur’ān daily.
4) Do not hurt anyone physically nor psychologically. Do not mock, swear, argue, be rude or make anybody feel uneasy in anyway. Be a soft and easy going.
5) Perform 2 rak’at of salāh before sleeping. Thereafter, make a short du῾ā’ to Allah Ta’ālā.
It would be ideal if you could daily sit with your family for 5 minutes and read collectively a book like Fadhā’il al-A῾māl. Such books will inject the value of good actions in our hearts. The recitation of such books has proven to be very beneficial for hundreds and thousands.
May Allah the Almighty give us all the ability to practice. Amin.
And Allah Ta’āla Knows Best
Mawlana Faraz ibn Adam,